Thursday, August 19, 2010

Does anyone have any good advice on teaching my puppy to stop whining when we sit down to eat or is it just?

natural for all dogs to do that? OR can they be controlled not to bother us while we eat?





Only serious inquiries please!Does anyone have any good advice on teaching my puppy to stop whining when we sit down to eat or is it just?
How old is your puppy? Maybe you should think about crate training, if the puppy is very young. Please DON'T put the pup OUTSIDE like one person suggested. At meal time, place the pup in their crate with a chewy toy. After meal time, let your pup out and give them a treat.Does anyone have any good advice on teaching my puppy to stop whining when we sit down to eat or is it just?
Honestly, I have just always ignore whining for food. The dog learn eventually not to bother you, sure they can sit near the table, but no whining, thats how it goes in my house, they may SILENTLY hope, but I dont want to hear it lol None of my dogs whine for food, and that is how I tought them, but then they very rarely get human food, If any one ever decides to give him some left over meet or what ever, it is NEVER to be given to him from the table, it is either put in with his dinner, or used as a treat, no such thing as a free meal in my house, the dog must work for it, when it comes to food, you need to be strict and teach the dog what is acceptable behaviour around food.


You can put him in another room or outside with his own dinner.
I would talk to a good dog trainer, maybe even one at places like Petsmart would know , but, you could also try putting her in her kennel in another room while you are eating......or even in the kennel where the pup can still see you but I have a feeling it would just whine then too. Now the pup may whine, bark or howl in the other room, but, will learn over time that it isnt acceptable to be in there with you while you're eating.
When I first got my puppy I put her in a crate while I ate because its hard to watch a puppy when your eating.She was in her crate in a different room she whined but realized it didn't help her so she stopped plus she was feed first.





I hope I helped and good luck
Put it outside, another room, etc. during mealtime with its own food bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment