Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Could someone help, my baby was born with rhabdomyosarcoma I just need some advice and information?

He was diagnosed exactly four weeks old. They say that it is very rare for a infant like that to get it. The tumor was on his spine also which they said was in a unusual spot. My doctor said that he has not seen this case since 1973 with a baby. If there is anyone out there that has had this happen to them or have heard anything like this please contact me, any information will be helpful. I just don't know what exactly to do so I need as much advice as possible thank you.Could someone help, my baby was born with rhabdomyosarcoma I just need some advice and information?
I'm so sorry about your baby . . even though this may be rare you can still find support through the Rhabdomyosarcoma groups . . this disease can hit at any age. There are several types of this disease with the most common for children under 6 called Embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma





There is an email list group and the people there will be able to offer support and hopefully some guidance for you as you seek treatment:





Rhabdo Kids


http://listserv.acor.org/archives/rhabdo鈥?/a>





NCI: Childhood Rhabdomyosarcoma


http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/t鈥?/a>Could someone help, my baby was born with rhabdomyosarcoma I just need some advice and information?
I am sorry to hear this. I looked it up on the internet and found the website: http://www.acor.org/ped-onc/diseases/rha鈥?/a>





I hope it helps you find in the information you need. I really hope your baby gets better. I have a six year-old daughter myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment