Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Please offer advice on potty training a boy. be specific>?

It depends on how old he is. If he is little I've heard that you should sit him on the potty to pee and teach him to push his penis down toward the water so it doesn't get every where. I've also seen it suggested that you sit him on the potty backwards with him straddling the potty to pee. If he's older and tall enough to pee standing up I've heard that you can put fruit loops in the potty to give him something to aim at when he pees. I don't think teaching a boy to poop on the potty is any different than girls and I haven't seen any special advice for it. I've been doing research in this myself, but my son isn't quite ready to be potty trained so I haven't tried any of these things. Other than that, just be consistent and praise him a lot when he does go. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment