Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Is it illegal for me to give criminal legal advice on yahoo answers?

i was just wondering because I want to answer questions (I wanna get points yo) but I don't want to get myself disbarred.Is it illegal for me to give criminal legal advice on yahoo answers?
So.. you ARE an attorney... and YOU don't know the legality or illegality of offering advice?


What's wrong with this picture?Is it illegal for me to give criminal legal advice on yahoo answers?
No, this in an open board that anyone who is a member can answer to. Your answers would be better because you actually know what is legal and what isn't. Go ahead and answer!
It is unlawful for anyone other than a lawyer to give legal advice. It is inadvisable to take any unsolicited legal so called advice..It is even more inadvisable to accept legal advice from someone that you don't know. I would not want to take advice from someone who is only concerned with gaining points.
As long as you are not answering specifics, just giving general advice, then you are fine - unless you try to get money for it.
It's not illegal. The tendency of speech to condone criminal actions does not make teh speech criminal. I'm not familiar with the rules of the legal profession, but I beleive that you are fine as long as you are not providing the information in a professional capacity.
Real lawyers do not ask such stupid questions. Who are you?
You are an attorney and you are asking this question? Is this a conflict of interest? We have doctor's on here sometimes, or so they say they are, that answer questions every once in a while. There is always that chance of giving advice that may have adverse consequences, and we all need to keep that in mind when we answer. This goes for giving medical advice also.
Yahoo answers is more of an opinion type forum, because I'd say over 30% of the answers are wrong. I doubt that you will get into trouble.
Why you can give advise about anything out there,


and answering a question, is not even necessarily


advice................................鈥?br>




But, there is a call for everyone to be well read out


there and a lot of people are today in most subjects....
no, as long as it is only advice and you make sure the person realizes that you urge them to seek an attorney for more information
yes.....because you don't personally know the person you're giving advice on..............................
Are you an attorney? If not the I would suggest you always start your answers with: I am Not an attorney, however if I were you I would seek advise from an attorney but this is a suggestion on how you might handle a situation------------(get it ???_thought so)
You answered you own question, what does the word ';criminal'; mean.
State laws and statutes vary by state, so you need to realize that your answers may not be accurate depending on where those asking the questions live. That's the biggest factor with the Yahoo Answers law questions...jurisdiction is everything. Everyplace is different. But as far as freely offering advice to persons posting here, no, you have nothing to worry about. Good luck with the points, yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment