Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am currently working as a Medical Assistant who wants to enroll at a LVN program. Any advice?

My long term goal is to work as a LVN then after two years continue to RN. I have thought about it for a year now and all this thinking got me stuck for not enrolling yet. Should I go for the Rn right away? Is there any LVN's here who can tell me how they like their job. Anyone who went to Mission College at Santa Clara, CA?I am currently working as a Medical Assistant who wants to enroll at a LVN program. Any advice?
I worked with Mission College LVN students helping teach them to give shots, we did flu shots..@ the local hospital..where I worked.{this was many years ago as I retired from nursing 10 years ago} If you can go a few more months to get your R.N then do it, I think LVN is 18 mo. and R.N. is 24 months, unless you want your B.S. @ SJ State, and then do your nurse Practitioner or a specialty such as ER, ICU, CCU, etc eventually a 2 year R.N. will be the LVN of the future and LVNs will be obsolete. I guess it really comes down to how long you want to go to school and how much credit you get toward your R.N. with a LVN license.
  • blushed
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment