Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I have a problem with being insecure, any advice on how to overcome this?

My insecurities mainly hurt my relationship with my fiance. I never feel like I am good enough for him, and I always feel like he is looking around for someone or something better. Though I feel like I really do not blame him. I know I shouldn't think/feel this way, but I really cannot help it. Does anyone know of a way to help me overcome this?I have a problem with being insecure, any advice on how to overcome this?
The very best thing I did for my relationship with my husband when we were dating was go to counseling to figure out why I felt so unworthy. If you're anything like me, you feel like you are crazy and that you should be able to control those thoughts. But I really think that most women experience feelings like this from time to time though, so don't feel too bad about it. Seriously think about setting up a few sessions with a professional, there is no shame in that! But in the meantime, here are some of the tricks I use to get myself out of an insecure tizzy.





Ask yourself what you would say to a friend that came to you with the same concerns. That helps me to keep it in perspective and recognize when I'm being silly.





Journal BEFORE you talk to him about your feelings when you think you are being too insecure. It will help you to sort out your thoughts and get some of the emotion out before you dump everything on his lap.





Don't try to stuff it and be instantly perfect, it will build up, and then you will explode girly crazy all over the place. Instead, just try to deal with it a little bit better than you did last time. Tell him that you know you're being dumb, but you just need a little reassurance. Then, do your very best to believe him.





Whatever it is that is bugging you, take a step toward doing something about it. (You think you're dumb? Take a class or grab a book on a subject you'd like to know more about.)





Don't be so hard on yourself! You aren't going to fix this overnight, you are going to feel crappy again, you are going to mess up, but you are human. I'm poking at my belly fat right now, I was 20 minutes late picking him up from work, and our apartment is a DISASTER, so I have to wonder why my husband just gave me a smile and a wink...but he chose to fall in love with a girl who loves Taco Bell, is never on time, and doesn't have an organized bone in her body. Your Fiance chose to love you too...flaws included.I have a problem with being insecure, any advice on how to overcome this?
you may have heard this before, but you should definately focus on your attractive features when you look in a mirror. If you are standing beside another person, dont compare yourself, because you will just be unhappy with the results. did you know that most people dont notice the flaws in other people because they are so caught up with perfecting themselves? Well its definitely true. Also, personality wise, be confident. Laugh a lot, get LOTS of SLEEP Plan to hang out with your friends. Also, always remember that NO ONE can dislike you before you even talk to them or come in contact with them, and if they do, they arent worth your time.
what are the things your being insecure about?...





is it your physical appearance?





well, all i can advice you is that develop your optimism..all individuals probably have personal insecurities, but your positivity at the end of the day will help you cope up with that..





once in awhile, try to face the mirror, then tell yourself your'e pretty!
well to tel you the truth everyone has insecurities and i also have some myself, but ive learned to just be who i am and you should too. if hes your fiance then he obviously loves you and im sure he loves you because your you.
We all have them and they don't go away with age.Look for the signs that he loves you . Thinking your not good enough for him is better then if you think you are. Thinking your not makes you try harder. Thinking you are makes it stale. Does that make sense?
believe in yourself,

No comments:

Post a Comment